Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Favourite Erdogan Quotes

I thought I'd create a thread collecting some of Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan's most memorable quotes. I'll add to it over time.

"It is not possible for those who belong to the Muslim faith to carry out genocide." Source

"There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it." Source

"The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers..." [Note: this is actually a poem that Erdogan was quoting. He spent four months in prison because of this speech.] Source

"Assimilation is a crime against humanity", addressing an audience of Turks in Germany. Source

"We did not commit a crime, therefore we do not need to apologise." - on the Armenian genocide. Source

"There is no doubt he is our friend," on Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Source

"Islamophobia is a crime against humanity, adding that no one can attack things that are sacred to Muslims using freedom of expression as an excuse." Source

1 comment:

  1. Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts. See the link below for more info.


    #through
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete