Friday, 18 December 2009

The Turks Have the Duchess of York Running Scared

Truly incredible, this one. Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, exposes the shocking abuse that takes place at orphanages in Turkey and the Turks file criminal complaints against her because she allegedly violated some bogus privacy laws. Apparently these absurd legal fictions have some force in European countries, so that the Duchess is now afraid of being extradited. Why do Turkey's barbaric laws have any legal force in Europe?

As a result of being intimidated, Sarah Ferguson is now trying to suppress publication of the book, Undercover by Chris Rogers, about her visit to Turkey, which she initially collaborated on willingly.

This is ironic, to say the least, considering the quote from Sarah Ferguson herself which appears on the book's blurb on Amazon :

"'Chris Rogers' reports made me realise that I needed to come out of the corner... be true to myself about what I stand for and not be worried about who I may upset in the process. Chris and I have become a team: he is the 'exposer' and I am the activist, the campaigner. Sarah Duchess of York."

No comments:

Post a Comment